Saturday, November 8, 2008


Dear Rob,

I'm so happy and contented with our beautiful children. How I wish you could see them. I want to show you all the pictures I've taken of them in the past months. 

Do you remember sitting on the couch looking at Aubrey pictures when she turned one? I knew that that was to be the start of a new tradition for our growing family: to look over the past years pictures of our birthday child.

I haven't done that with Paul. I've mistakenly assumed that Paul would not be interested in looking at pictures of Aubrey and Joey before he met them. And so I didn't show him pictures of Aubrey at 1 and 2. She was 3 when Paul and I met.

But now what is my excuse? That this was our tradition and that it can't carry on to my new family? No. That's not right. That's like saying I can't celebrate the past year of my child's life through pictures with Paul because you aren't there.  ???  It doesn't quite make sense, does it?

There. I have just committed to showing Paul pictures of our little ones on their coming birthdays. And just because's.

Thanks for listening, love.

Love, Valerie

No comments: