Monday, June 28, 2010

A Blessing


“I’ll always love you, Rob. And I’ll never forget you. That is my solemn vow and promise. Something tells me I’ve said this before, I’m remembering.

But here’s the new picture. I’m married to a loving, humorous, kind, gentle man. He likes kids but he loves me. He’s very devoted and I have great emotion and love for him. But you are always there. Your pictures are still in albums in our house. Your Christmas ornaments still go on the tree every year, with new ones from our new family.

But strangely enough, this doesn’t bother my new husband. He understands and more importantly, he accepts.”

I wrote this five months BEFORE I met Paul, my husband. What a great manifestation! Paul is exactly like this. He accepts all the things about me, even when my ugly shadow side rears up. And when that happens, and he doesn’t run away … I feel blessed and honored to have him grace my life.

And as far as kids go, he loves mine – which are now ours. And he is devoted, to all of us. We do have Rob’s pictures up and in albums. We talk of him and Paul even reminds the kids of things I’ve told Paul about Rob. Paul wants them to remember Rob. He is not threatened by this. He is not threatened by my continued love for Rob. Paul is his own man, on his own journey.

But I’m so glad he’s chosen to bring us along and then helps us with the obstacles on ours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was so sweet, until I got to the part about you writing that BEFORE you met Paul. It brought tears to my eyes, and sweet doesn't even begin to express how amazing that is. Love you!!!

Valerie Willman said...

That is pretty amazing, isn't it?