Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Here I Go Again isn't just a Whitesnake song

I'm thinking of "un-archiving" my Grief Shadows blog. Starting it up again. I'm on the internet in so many places right now, and I hesitate to repeat myself in different cyber-venues, but I also don't want to miss someone who could really use the information I'm handing out. Not that I'm some great expert or anything. I just know how to grief. How to let go, move on, but not.

My memoir, Smell the Blue Sky -- Young, Pregnant, and Widowed, is due to be published November 8, 2013. I'm very excited to finally have a finished product to supply to the world of widows that need to hear another's story. That there is another side to grief. That there can be love after death, without betrayal.

My book cover is being designed at this very moment, and the interior layout and ebook conversion start next month.

Promotion starts now.

I'm flying to Massachusetts next Tuesday to drop off my kids with their Vavo (Rob's mom), and then flying straight back into Oregon for the 2013 Willamette Writers Conference. I always look forward to the conference: the networking, the staff, the reuniting with conference friends, the home-y community feel when I walk into the lobby.

Two years ago, I made the decision to self-publish instead of going the traditional route. I researched it up the wazoo, and concluded it was the way for me. And now here it is ... publication ... right around the corner.

I hope that you'll stay tuned, buy my book on launch day, and that you'll feel inspired to leave a review in the multiple places you can leave reviews these days. (Amazon, LibraryThing, GoodReads, your blog, et cetera.)

Until next time ...

Be well.

No comments: